TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CHRISTIAN RELIGION STUDIES
SUBJECT: CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: The Ten Commandments
- The ten Commandments Exodus 20: 1 – 17
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know The ten Commandments
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- The Holy Bible
- My Book Of Bible Stories
- The Holy Bible.
- My Book of Bible Stories.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Christian religious studies (MIDDLE BASIC)
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Online Materials.
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Edudelight Christian Religious Studies for Primary Schools.
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: The students are familiar with God gives his law to us.
WORD FILE: society, commandment
Memory verse: Genesis 20: 12
Bible references: Exodus 20: 1 -17
The Meaning of the Term Laws
Laws shows what we should do and what we should not do in the society. Laws can also be called rules. We also have laws in our schools, home because without laws people will keep doing the wrong things.
Reasons for the Laws
The following are reasons for following the laws:
- To promote peace.
- To guide us to know what we should do and what we should not do.
- To avoid quarrels.
- To help us maintain order in doing things.
- To check our behaviour.
- To treat every body without discrimination.
Purposes of the law
- To make the relationship between God and us to be strong.
- To know what he don’t want.
- So that we will not sin against him.
- To lead us aright.
- To obey him.
The Ten Commandments
Through Moses God gave the people of Israel the ten commandment to the children of Israel to journey through the wilderness to the Promised Land (Canaan).
The ten commandment are as follows:
- You must not have other gods before me.
- You must not have a carved image for yourself or the likeness of anything in heavens above or on the earth below or in the water
Prayers: My Lord and My God, your commandments and receive your salvation in Jesus name. Amen.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (God gives his law to us)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand the Ten Commandments.
- . Teacher leads pupils to state the Ten Commandments.
- Mention the ten commandment
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: God gives his law to us
NEXT LESSON: God reveals himself to us.