SUBJECT: SOCIAL STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 3
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
TIME: 40 MINUTES
- MEANING OF COMMUNICATION
- TYPES OF COMMUNICATION
- DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND MODERN SYSTEMS OF COMMUNICATION
- SOLUTION TO COMMUNICATION PROBLEM
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Know The Meaning Of Communication
- Know The Types Of Communication
- Know The Differences Between Traditional And Modern Systems Of Communication
- Know The Solution To Communication Problem
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Mobile phone
- Talking drum
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary school.
- Lagos State Scheme of Work
- Online Materials.
- Social Studies for Primary Schools
MEANING OF COMMUNICATION:
It is the ways of passing news, ideas or information to from one place to another.
TYPES OF COMMUNICATION:
- Traditional and modern means of communication
- Traditional ways of communication includes trekking, drumming, use of animals like camels, horses.
- Modern means of communication includes cars, railway, telephone, radio, tv, Newspaper, Writing e-mails, internets, GSM ETC.
TRADITIONAL WAYS OF COMMUNICATION
Traditional ways of communication includes.
- Person to person communication
- Drumming (talking drum)
- Use of animals like camels, horses.
- They make use of Gong to gather people together and pass a message.
- Body signs
- A flute is used for some specific message
- Bush burning to announce the beginning of war
- They use symbols of objects to give a specific message like cutlass, crown
- A gun is used to welcome and greet visitors.
MODERN WAYS OF COMMUNICATION
Modern means of communication includes:
- Use of cars
- Use of railway
- Writing e-mails
- GSM Handset
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND MODERN SYSTEMS OF COMMUNICATION
- Traditional system make use of local material while modern system make use of machines and electricity.
- Traditional means of communication are too slow and cannot go to distance places on schedule while Modern means of Communication is fast and can send messages to far distances.
- The modern means of communication are more costly than the traditional means
- Modern means of communication send messages more clearly than the traditional means.
PROBLEM OF COMMUNICATIONS
- People send fake Photograph through their phone.
- Accident may occur due to electrical fault in transportation
- Messages might be lost on the way.
- Alien Culture
- People used it for Fraud(419)
- Poor services from network providers
SOLUTION TO COMMUNICATION PROBLEM
- Legislate against poor service delivery
- Respect for users of services
- Selfless service
- Patriotism etc.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- What is The Meaning Of Communication
- Mention The Types Of Communication
- What are The Differences Between Traditional And Modern Systems Of Communication
- List three Solution To Communication Problem
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.