Leadership Guide for School Owners,School Manager, school Administrator, School start up
1. School leadership will comprise of school proprietor, school director, head of academics, head of administration, supervisor of pre-school, supervisor of primary school, supervisor of secondary school.
2. School proprietor is the executive leader that is responsible for the total result of all the operations of the school including financial upgrade, parent satisfaction, effective internal operation and school growth. He or she reports to the school board of directors
3. School director reports to the school proprietor; he or she is responsible for the entire day to day operation of the school.
4. Head of academics report to the school director. The head of academics can be a school principal (secondary school) or head teacher (primary school). These two positions will be referred to as head of academics. The occupant of this position will be responsible for the academic operations of the school which involves teaching; classroom coordination and learning management (see school academic policy).
5. Head of administration report to the school director. The occupant of this position will be responsible for the administrative operations of the school (see school administration policy)
6. Supervisor of pre-school reports to head of academics. The occupant of this position will be responsible for the pre-school operation (see pre-school operation policy)
7. Supervisor of primary school reports to head of academics. The occupants of this position will be responsible for the primary school operation (see school academic policy)
8. Supervisor of secondary school reports to head of academics. The occupants of this position will be responsible for the secondary school operation (see school academic policy)
9. School leadership meeting will hold once in a month (every third week of the month)
10. The school leadership meeting shall involve the periodic invitation of some important school function holders like board of directors, consultants, Parent Forum chairman or coordinator and external supervisors
11. School leadership evaluation occurs at the end of every term.
12. School leadership retreat occurs at the beginning of every session. All leaders will be prepared for retreat without excuse or exemption of any leader
13. School leadership meetings shall be the avenue for discussions of school directions and decisions
14. The criteria for enlisting staff or individuals to school leadership will involve in order of importance, years of service in the school, academic qualification, years of experience in education, years of experience in school leadership, track record of competence and loyalty, proofs of multiple trainings attended in leadership
15. In the case of any school leaders being ineffective at work, there will be an option of demotion to a lesser position before termination
16. School leaders are saddled with the responsibility of upholding the school values and policies