SUBJECT: COMPUTER STUDIES
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 5
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: SHUTTING DOWN COMPUTER
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Shut down a computer properly
TEACHINNG AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers.
- The Students will be taken to the Computer laboratory for practice
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Online Materials.
- Computer Studies for Primary Schools.
HOW TO SHUT DOWN THE COMPUTER
Shutting down a computer when not in use, is a safety measure and it saves some energy.
To shut down a computer
- Close all open windows or files
- Click on the start menu and
- Select the shutdown button
- Wait for the screen to turn blank.
- Turn off the monitor
- Off the power switch if it is accessible
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
CONCLUSION: the teacher sum up the lesson.
- Shut down two computers in the computer laboratory.