Lagos State Mathematics Curriculum for SS3 – Edudelight.com
Mathematics second term Scheme of work SS3
Nigeria senior secondary school Curriculum
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS 3 LAGOS STATE
WEEK 1 Trigonometric Graph of Trigonometric Ratios
WEEK 2 Graphical Solution of Simultaneous Linear and Trigonometric Equations
WEEK 3 Surface Area of Sphere
WEEK 4 Volume of Sphere
WEEK 5 Longitude and Latitude
WEEK 6 Coordinate Geometry of Straight Lines
WEEK 7 Gradients and Intercept of a Straight Line
WEEK 8 Differentiation of Algebraic Fractions
WEEK 9 Integration of Simple Algebraic Functions
WEEK 10 Arc Length of a Curve
SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR MATHEMATICS SS 3 – MODIFIED
- Review of first term work: (i) Bonds and debentures (ii) Shares (iii) Rates (iv) Income tax and (v) Value added tax.
- CO-ORDINATE GEOMETRY OF STRAIGHT LINE: Cartesian coordinate (ii) plotting the linear graph (iii) determine the distance between two coordinate points. (iv) Finding the mid-point of the line joining two point (v) practical application of coordinate geometry.(vi) Gradient and intercept of a straight line.
- COORDINATE GEOMETRY OF A STRAIGHT LINE CONTINUES: (I) Define gradient and intercepts of a line. (ii) Find the angle between two intersecting straight lines (iii) Application of linear graphs to real life student.
- DIFFERENTIATION OF ALGEBRAIC FUNCTION: (I) Meaning of differentiation/ derived function (ii) differentiation from first principle (iii) standard derivative of some basic functions.
- DIFFERENTIATION OF ALGEBRAIC FUNCTION CONTINUES: Rules of differentiation such as: (a) Sum and difference (b) Product rule (c) Quotient rule. (d) Application of real situation such as Maximal, Minima velocity, Acceleration and rate of change.
- INTEGRATION AND EVALUATION SIMPLE ALGEBRAIC FUNCTION: (i) definition (ii) Method of integration: (a) substitution method (b) partial fraction method (c) part. (iii) Application of integration in calculating area under the curve (iv) Use of Simpson’s rule to find the area under the curve.
7-12. Revision and Mock Examination.