RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY TO ITS CITIZENS
TITLE: LESSON NOTE ON CIVIC EDUCATION
SUBJECT: CIVIC EDUCATION
TERM: SECOND TERM
WEEK: WEEK 11
CLASS: PRIMARY 4
NAME OF TEACHER:
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY TO ITS CITIZENS
At the end of this discussion in this unit, pupils should be able to know:
- Responsibilities of constituted authority to it citizens.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Writing materials
- Whiteboard/ chalkboard
- Interactive poster
- Interactive video
- Lagos State Civic Education Scheme of Work.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for Primary Schools
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Civic Education (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Nigeria Educational Research and Development Council scheme (NERDC)
- Civic Education Text Books for Primary Schools
ENTRY BEHAVIOUR/ PREVIOUS LESSON: the students are familiar with.
WORD FILE: guaranteed, development, communication.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITIES
The following are the responsibilities of constituted authorities to its citizens:
- Provision of good and quality education
- Secure the nation against external forces
- Provision of health care services
- Ensure that justice and equity is guaranteed.
- Maintain law and order in the nation through security and law enforcement agencies.
- They should provide social amenities.
- They provide security services.
- Provision of employment to the people in the country.
- Protection of human right
- Educate the people about the government policies
- Establishment of international trade and cooperation
- Intervene in disputes between the citizens and government through the court of law.
- They provide easy communication for the citizens.
- They venture on project that will bring rapid development.
- They give reports and are accountable on how resources are used.
- They should be open to the citizen and have no hidden agenda.
- The government policy should benefit its citizens.
- The Teacher revises the previous term lessons (RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY USING SCHOOL OFFICIALS)
- Teacher leads the pupils to understand RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY TO ITS CITIZENS
- Teacher leads pupils to mention the responsibilities of constituted authorities.
- Mention three responsibilities of constituted authority to its citizens.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.
PREVIOUS LESSON: RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY USING SCHOOL OFFICIALS
NEXT LESSON: RESPONSIBILITIES OF CONSTITUTED AUTHORITY