TITLE: NOTE OF LESSON ON CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
SUBJECT: CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME: Performing Arts and Entertainment
TERM: FIRST TERM
WEEK: WEEK 7- 8
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
AGE OF STUDENTS:
CLASS COMPOSITION: Slow and fast learners.
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: Pattern and Design
- Definition of pattern and Design.
- Types of Pattern
- Motifs and types
At the end of this Module, Pupils should be able to:
- Explain motifs in dance;
- State how they can be applied to the study and practice of dance.
- State the importance of dance Motifs.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory Video
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHOD
- Questions and Answers
Entry Behaviour/ Previous Knowledge: the students are familiar with Creating Music Sol-fa Notation Value.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum.
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum for primary schools.
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- Unified Schemes of Work Primary Schools for Cultural and Creative Arts (MIDDLE BASIC)
- Internet Materials.
- Edudelight Cultural and Creative Arts for Primary Schools.
WORD FILE: Pattern, customary, execute.
Definition of pattern
Pattern is a customary way of operation or behaviour. It is something intended as a guide for making something else. Such as Creating design or create or execute an artistic work.
Meaning of Motifs
It is a design or figure that consists of recurring shapes or colours, as in architecture or decoration.
A motif is also a piece of movement that can vary in length and can be repeated during the whole performance.
Motifs in dance
Dance motifs is used to display and idea or feeling. It is using various part of the body to develop movements and sequences for a dance repeatedly. The idea could be joy, sorrow, love, excitement, friendship. To create a sequence in a motif three or four movement must be joined together. It can be changed, reversed and extended in a dance.
Body movement in dance can be
Application of dance Motifs
As soon as the body start to move, dance have started. Feeling and ideas are expressed in dance movement. Feeling dictate the mood of the dance.
The following shows some meaning of dance step
- When dancers raise their arms high it shows the motif of joy.
- When dancers leap like lifting feet off the ground in acrobatic style show motifs of excitement.
- When dancers open their arms and shake their waist, it shows the motifs of Love and friendship.
- When the dancers dance very fast it shows the motifs of love and friendships.
- When the body movement of the dancers are slow, it shows the motifs of sorrow.
The importance of motifs in dance
- Motif strengthen the dance idea.
- To communicated the Ideas and feeling to the spectators or listeners during performance.
- It acts as a build block for dance routine.
- It is used as a reminder by dancers during performance
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson (DRAWING – Meaning, types, uses).
- The Teacher introduces the topic: Pattern and Desig
- He/she explains the meaning of pattern and design.
- He/she mention the different types of pattern.
- Teacher explain motifs
- The teacher leads the pupils to mention the types of motives.
- The pupils copy and submit their note for marking.
- Demonstrate two dance motifs and explain the meaning of the dance step.
Instruction: Answer the following questions below.
- What is
- Mention three types of pattern.
- Mention three motifs of dance and
Conclusion: Teacher summarizes the lesson, gives pupils note to copy, marks and makes corrections where necessary.
PREVIOUS LESSON: DRAWING – Meaning, types, uses.
NEXT LESSON: music Notes and their value