SUBJECT: PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
TERM: THIRD TERM
WEEK: WEEK 4
CLASS: PRIMARY 5
DURATION: 40 MINUTES
TOPIC: MARTIAL ARTS II – JUDO
- Rules of Judo
- Skills of Judo
At the end of this discussion in this unit, children should be able to know:
- The rules of judo.
- The skills in judo.
- Demonstrate some skills in judo.
TEACHING AND LEARNING MATERIALS
- Explanatory posters/pictures
- Explanatory videos
TEACHING AND LEARNING METHODS
- Questions and answers
- NERDC Basic Education Curriculum.
- Universal Basic Education Curriculum (UBE)
- Lagos State Scheme of Work.
- Online Materials.
- Physical and Health Education for Primary Schools
RULES OF JUDO
- Hit and kicks are not allowed
- Fighters must wear special uniform such as jacket and judogi
- Fighting pairs are categorized by weight
- The language used in competition is Japanese
- The competition is supervised by mat referee and two judges
- The fight last for 4 minutes for women and 5 minutes for men
SKILLS OF JUDO
- It is a good physical fitness sport
DEMONSTRATION OF JUDO
Teachers should lead children to demonstrate some judo performances.
- The Teacher revises the previous lesson.
- The Teacher introduces the topic.
- The Teacher explains the lessons.
- Mention three rules of judo.
- Mention three skills in judo.
CONCLUSION: the teacher summarize the lesson.