INFORMAL LETTER: A LETTER OF REQUEST TO YOUR FATHER
Question: write a letter to your father requesting for your needs as a boarding pupil, inform him about your academic performance and what you think should be done to improve on your present performance?
Instruction: Use the questions below to discuss the topic orally with the pupils.
- What is the address of the writer?
- How do you greet your father in this letter?
- When was the last time you received your parent’s letter?
- When did your school close for the term?
- What was the duration of the vacation?
- Why were you not at home for the holiday?
- What are your needs in areas of your (a) studies (b) food (c) finance?
- Which other information do you intend passing to your parents?
- Have you asked about the rest of the family?
- Ehen do you hope to come home?
Instruction: Write the letter in question correctly using the appropriate suggested words given.
Edudelight Primary School,
1 Benson Avenue,
Lekki Phase One, Street,
Eti- Osa Local Government Area,
10th of March, 2019.
How are you, your work, and my sisters and brothers at home? I received your letter two weeks before the school went on vacation, for the first term. The school closed for the second term on the 20th of April, 2019 and shall resume on the 2nd of September, 2019. The duration of the holiday is five (5) weeks. You are aware that I am preparing for my final class examination. I also have many examinations to write.
For that reason, I have joined the holiday lesson. The head teacher asked us, to write our parents to inform them of this need. I need good food provisions and some Money. I took first position in 100 metre and 200 metre races. That means I am going to represent my zone for the forth coming Zonal sport festival. I hope that my brothers and sisters too are doing wonderfully well both in Sport and academics. I wish to come home on the first week of our 3rd term holiday.
Greetings to all my family members and friends.