REPORT A ROAD ACCIDENT AT THE POLICE STATION
Question: you were asked to write a report on that accident at the police station as an eye witness to the D.P.O of a known police – station.
Instruction: Use the moderated questions to discuss the above topic.
- What is the address of the writer?
- Which police station was the report written?
- How do you greet your audience?( Explain the meaning of audience as it relate to the report writing)
- What is the title of your report?
- Where, when did the accident occurred?
- Was the driver over – speeding?
- Was there any other factors which aided the accident apart from over –speeding?
- Which other vehicle was involved?
- What was the nature of the accident?
- What happened to the casualties?
- What are your suggestions to prevent future occurrence of such accident?
- Closing of the report.
Instruction: Write out this report
1, Victor’s close,
Oshodi local Government,
10th of March, 2019.
Lekki Phase One Division,
2 Benson Avenue,
Eti – Osa,
REPORT ON THE ACCOUNT OF ROAD ACCIDENT AT POLICE STATION
The accident occurred at Ojuelegba along Yaba road. The mishap took place on Monday at 8 am. The driver was over speeding. The driver swerved away from the pot hole without reducing the speed. This made him enter the lane of the oncoming vehicle. This trailer collided head long with the commuter bus. This bus somersaulted.
Several passengers died instantly and several others were on saved list. The casualties were taken to the general hospital. Our roads should be properly maintained. Federal road safety corps should be equipped properly. This will enable them to do their job effectively.